Monday 6 August 2012

Visit Eastbourne and Buy Local

Inspired by the success of the first Street Market at the sea end of Terminus Road in Eastbourne, I have decided to try and promote other local businesses via my Facebook & Twitter pages so that that the Street Market can act as the catalyst we all hope it will to encourage people to visit our wonderful town and spend money in a variety of local businesses.

I will remind my followers each week that the market is on and I am looking for recommendations that I can direct followers to whilst they are here. For instance this week I am suggesting that if you want to have a sit down meal after a busy morning shopping, why not go in and see my friends at Solo Pasta in Cornfield Road for a great value Italian meal. But I'd like to expand this by recommendation to the many other great restaurants and cafes that we have, so please get in touch with me at councillor.warner@eastbourne.gov.uk to let me know who you'd like me to give a helping hand to.

Additionally, if you have a special product or service that people might like to know about, tell me about those too and I'll happily encourage visitors to go and check out a shop each week as well. This is aimed at small independent traders in the surrounding retail areas like Little Chelsea, The Enterprise Centre, Cornfield Road, Langney Road and of course Terminus Road so do please keep those recommendations coming through and lets get those cash registers ringing in our Town Centre!

It would be very wrong of course if I didn't recommend a visit to Sovereign Harbour on the way home, ideal for any of those big store purchases you forgot, a meal in one of the many Waterfront Restaurants or a film at the cinema!

No comments:

Post a Comment