Monday 11 February 2013

Maria Hutchings to stand in Eastleigh by-election

Local champion Maria Hutchings has been selected tonight as the Conservative Party candidate for the Parliamentary by-election in Eastleigh.
 
 
Maria Hutchings said:

"I’m delighted to be the Conservative candidate for Eastleigh and hope to be the best local MP we’ve ever had. Although I may not be a professional politician, I’m a straight talking business woman and mother of four who lives in the local area.

“Having fought the Council’s badly thought out plans for inappropriate development, I know what local people in the area care about. We need a local MP we can trust – someone who will support people who work hard and do the right thing.

“That’s particularly true during these difficult times. My family knows what it’s like to watch every penny as the bills hit the doormat. I will offer a strong voice in Westminster for the concerns of hard working people in Eastleigh”.

Conservative Party Chairman Grant Shapps said:

“Maria Hutchings will be a brilliant local MP that people in Eastleigh can trust. She is already working hard for local people and is in tune with the community.

“I’m looking forward to joining her on the doorstep.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment